As a member of our People, Safety and Culture team, the primary objective of this position is to implement health and safety initiatives within the business to improve health and safety outcomes for all employees, and to ensure compliance with statutory obligations. Reporting on a daily basis to the OH&S Manager, the position has the primary responsibility for overseeing, organising and conducting site safety inspections, following up identified action items related to health and safety and implementing health and safety initiatives at relevant sites. Key duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and conducting site safety inspections and reports.
- Developing and implementing site specific inspection forms that identify and address both general and specific health and safety issues.
- Schedule site safety inspections and participate in inspections with managers and relevant HSR’s;
- Record all site inspection findings, risk assess identified hazards, and develop action plans in consultation with managers; and
- Provide report of site inspection findings and action plan progress for General Managers and the Board on a regular basis.
You will hold formal qualifications in OHS or a related discipline, or hold significant relevant experience. You will have strong organisational, analysis, presentation and communication skills, as well as an ability to manage competing priorities. You will possess a high attention to detail and have excellent judgement and decision making skills. You will also have experience developing and contributing to policy / procedure development, including consultation. Applicants with food or agricultural industry experience will be highly regarded. A current driver’s licence is essential.
It is an inherent requirement of this position that work be performed safely whilst upholding Huon’s Values. The appointed person must be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders. Knowledge of work health and safety regulations is preferred.
Huon Aquaculture is an ‘Employer of Choice’ and innovative industry leader who offers all our employees access to ongoing training opportunities, corporate health insurance benefits and discounts on Huon products. Remuneration for this role is dependent on knowledge and/or experience.
Applications close Tuesday 28th October 2020
Preferred candidates are subject to a pre-employment medical and a urine based drug test.
Apply online www.huonaqua.com.au/careers