Huon Aquaculture Group Ltd. produces around 35,000 tonnes of fresh Atlantic salmon and ocean trout annually and is recognised globally as being a premium producer of fresh and smoked salmon products. For more information, visit www.huonaqua.com.au
ABOUT THE ROLE
Huon are seeking applications from suitable candidates to join our Central Support team as a Net Cleaning Manager. This position will be based from our Margate site and will be responsible to manage Net Cleaning operations across all our Marine Operations sites.
As the Net Cleaning Manager, you will be responsible for managing the net cleaning crews across our Channel, Storm Bay and Macquarie Harbour sites. You will be required to organise crews to drive efficiency and productivity and to ensure the net cleaning schedule is accurate and up to date, facilitate training schedules for staff and also ensure maintenance of equipment is up to date. You will be required to work a Monday to Friday roster.
Successful applicants will have:
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a geographically diverse team
- A practical understanding of the basic mechanical and technical aspects of the equipment
- A sound understanding of the weather and conditions at each of our Marine Operations sites
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships
- Well developed computer skills and the ability to use Microsoft based applications
- Proven experience troubleshooting and providing innovative solutions to provide efficiencies
- Flexibility to travel to Strahan as required
Previous planning or scheduling experience and an understanding of net cleaning operations and aquaculture are desirable but not essential.
Huon Aquaculture is an ‘Employer of Choice’ and innovative industry leader who offers all our employees’ access to ongoing training opportunities, corporate health insurance benefits and discounts on Huon products. Remuneration for this role is dependent on knowledge and/or experience and comprises of a competitive salary and superannuation.
Applications close 16th May 2021
Preferred candidates are subject to a pre-employment medical and urine based drug test.
Apply online: www.huonaqua.com.au/careers